Club Meetings are on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m
Next meeting June 5th - Powering your equipment without commercial power.
Radio Active Award Program
ERARC currently has a new Radio Active Award
member to turn their rigs on and start making some
Program. The program is designed to encourage club
bring to a club meeting proof of:
To qualify for the award club members would
40 QSO’s for the Gold Level award, 20 QSO’s
for the Silver Level award, or 10 QSO’s for
the Bronze Level Award during the month of a
general meeting. OR 100 for Gold, 50 for Silver,
or 25 for Bronze for the quarter (Jan.-Mar., Apr.-
June, July-Sept., Oct.-Dec.)
QSO’s must be at least 5 minutes long and can
be in any mode, any band, from home or mobile,
and made at any time except during Field Day
and other contest weekends.
Acceptable proof can be a hand written or
computer generated print out from your logbook,
or QSL cards that fulfill ARRL requirements for
Two board members will review award
submissions during each general meeting. If
the contacts meet the qualifications, you will be
presented with the radio Active Award certificate
Conversations following a check-in-only net, or on
a rag chewing net, can be counted. Just be sure to
log them and make sure they’re 5 minutes long. In
other words, if you talk, make a couple of comments/
responses, and not just check in, on a net that lasts
say 20 minutes, you've probably had the equivalent of
a 5 QSO. You make the judgement.
- To promote interest in Amateur Radio.
- To further the cooperation between Idaho Falls Amateur Radio Operators.
- To provide emergency or public service communications when normal means of communications are disrupted.
- To advance the state of the Amateur Radio art through individual and collective research.
- To otherwise conduct programs and activities so as to increase the general interest and welfare of Amateur Radio in the community.
- To support lawful, responsible conduct by its members and the amateur fraternity in general.
Live audio (30 sec delay) from the 146.64 repeater
Click the "Play" button to begin the feed.
Click HERE to open the player in a new window